Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seared Lamb, Sauteed Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper with Rosemary Potato Cake

On my days off, I enjoy cooking and trying out some of my own ideas. I also have a small herb garden that I am trying to use more. One thing culinary school taught me was total utilization. I enjoy going through my pantry and refrigerator to see what I have and what I can use. Not only is this important in the restaurant to save money but you can save money at home too. I searched through the refrigerator and realized I had some lamb. I also bought a large bag of potatoes that needed to get utilized. I decided to make potato cakes with some fresh rosemary. I sauteed some spinach and roasted red peppers with some chicken stock and a little balsamic vinegar. The lamb was seared and finished in the oven. The dish was finished with a chiffonade of spinach, crumbled feta and natural jus.

No comments:

Post a Comment